Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2004

dead?

Well... I finally know that my science practical skills are no good. I sat for my Physics practical exams on Wednesday and I know that the results will not turn out well. I did not read the instructions properly and placed one of the apparatus wrongly, and as a result, the readings recorded will never be accurate... :( In addition to this, I totally missed out one question at the end... I did not see it at all! sigh...

Today I sat for my Biology practical exams. The practical involved mostly of plants. We were given bean sprouts and germinating seeds and questions were asked about them. Fortunately, it went on quite smoothly for me, no major errors, at least for what I know.

Tomorrow is my Chemistry practical exams. I'm now taking a break from memorising those Qualitative Analysis notes, trying to remember all the colour changes, anions and cations. It's kind of like History where I've to memorise all the facts... Certainly, I hope it'll turn out well for me, else I'll definitely not be able to get into the JC I want if all my sciences are A2 or B3.

It's only now I realise why students taking triple sciences are aiming so hard to get A1s for their sciences. It's because if all their sciences get let say A2 or B3, simple maths will tell you that their L1R5 will definitely be above 10 points. And with a score of >10, it'll not get you into one of the top-flight JCs in Singapore.
One word to describe Singapore's education system - STRESS!

I'll end here... nothing more to let out.

Song of the Day: George Michael - Careless Whisper

Good day everyone! Good luck to all Sec 4 students for their prelims and O levels. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home