Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Monday, September 27, 2004

Disappointing results...

The teachers gave us back almost all our prelim exam papers today. As usual, there're some results which I am happy with, and some which I am not.

First up, my Chemistry... All along I expected myself to get an A1 for it, I studied so hard before the prelims and did as much of the TYS as I could... but ended up 3 marks short of A1... Sad eh?

Next is my Chinese. Nothing much to say about that. I've been getting a B3 for all my Chinese class tests and exams, this prelim exams is no exception. I guess I've to memorise the Chinese vocabulary again.
Anyway, look into today's Straits Times Forum page and you'll see 3 arguments/opinions sent in by students and adults about Singapore's Chinese education system.

I'll quote two paragraphs from one of the 3 arguments which I find extremely interesting and true:
"A simple count of the number of phrases in Chinese textbooks shows in the express stream, we learn more than 1,500 phrases, only to fill in 15 blanks during our O-level examination, which is ridiculous.

How can 1 per cent of our syllabus determine our marks? Scoring an A1 is like playing roulette: If the phrase you studied comes up, you win."
Here's the article, it'll be removed in 3 days time by ST, so be quick.

I got A1 for both A and E Maths, Biology and Physics.

I think we'll be getting back progaganda-subject << social studies >> and English tomorrow, wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home