Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Monday, November 29, 2004

Back from Malaysia

I went on a short holiday to Malaysia with my parents. We drove up to Kuala Lumpur from Singapore, the journey took about 4 hours including occassional toilet stops and meal breaks.

Malaysia can take pride in the North-South highway. I must say that the highway is well maintained and it gives drivers access to all the towns in the west of Malaysia (e.g. Malacca, Muar, Ayer Hitam, Kuala Lumpur, Seremban). I dream of the day when cars are driverless and can go at speeds of 300km/h which allow us to travel domestically in Malaysia faster. Even the KL airport is about an hour drive from the KL city because the airport is built in a remote area, away from the busy capital of Malaysia.

I visited relatives in Malaysia and savoured the delicious food there. I love their prawn noodles, wan tan mee, char kway teow and all the local delicacies. My relative brought us to a restaurant which is famous for its crab. It serves cheese crab, chilli crab, marmite crab, salted egg crab (signature dish) and ketchup crab. We ate the cheese, marmite and salted egg ones. I love the cheese crab - the thick cheese sauce complementing the fragrant smell of the crab made me drool.
It's the first time I ate so many types of crab dishes in one dinner.

The next great thing about Malaysia is the shopping. There's a shopping centre named One Utama which is alongside Bandar Utama Road. The shopping centre is so huge that we took more than 2 hours to cover the the first of the 4 storeys that make up the building. There're many shops there that you can really shop till you drop. You'll never find such big shopping centres in Singapore, never.

Malaysia's Putrajaya has also developed drastically. It's where all the government offices are located. It shows how cities in Malaysia will look like in the future. The street lamps are beautiful, the building structures are well designed and the bridges look like the miniature size of the golden gate bridge in San Francisco. It definitely left me a very good impression.

I didnt take pictures of the scenery in Malaysia though. I'm going to New Zealand soon, I'll take pictures and share it with you guys.

Happy Holidays everyone! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home