Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Keeping hopes alive

It is Children's Day tomorrow! I can still recall the good old days when I celebrated this occasion together with my mates in Primary School.

Today, everything has changed - from the perspective of life, to the people I like. In the past, I used to think that the O levels will be far away and it'll be one million years later before it's my turn to take it. But now, it is only one month away from it. Of course, people who have already taken the O levels will be telling me that the exam is nothing, and that there's still a long way to go. I do agree, but I still take the O levels into high regard and will work hard to ace in it.

My prelims exam has finally ended with all my results back. The prelims marks the beginning, not the ending, to my Sec 4 life. Or maybe, it marks the beginning of what all Sec 4 students in Singapore live for - the O levels.
I'm quite disappointed getting an A2 for my English. The English prelim exam seemed to be on the easy side as many people managed to get A2s and B3s. I think if I were to manage an A2 in the O levels, I should get an A1 for the prelims, but it was not to be.
Also, my Geography kept my Humanities subject grade at A1. I got an A2 for Social Studies and I was so worried that my humanities would be an A2 or B3. Luckily for me, I got an A1 for Geog and it made my overall grade an A1. Phew.
Overall, I got an A1 for all my subjects other than English, Chinese and Chemistry.

Carpe Diem
This phrase is imprinted on a banner and hung proudly above all at the assembly square of our school. It means to: seize the pleasures of the moment without concern for the future. Our principal and teachers specially dedicate this banner to all the graduating classes and I'm sure we as students, appreciate it.

Making the last dash
School ends this coming 15th October and I'll be at home making final revisions of the subjects and making the last dash in my Secondary school life, and hope to close up this chapter meaningfully and wonderfully.
I'll probably go to AJC for my first 3 months and then decide on where to go after I get my results. Many of my friends aim to enter AJC too, but some had results which can't make the cut.

I heard from Mr Ong that there'll be major changes to the school facilities come next year. The library will be converted into an I.T room with public computers for students to use. Also, the 4th level will be converted into an Arts and Music theatre so as to complement the successful Movement & Dance troupe. Too bad it's my last year in Deyi and I won't be able to enjoy the facilities.

Keeping the hopes alive
This blog entry may sound dramatic but I think my inspiration to write came into me just now, haha. I wish all Sec 4 students the best in their future endeavours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home