Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Friday, April 18, 2008

Blog update!

Woah, I realise that I've not updated my blog for so long! So many things have happened since, I'll just write about what happened for this week.

Today was my unit cohesion. We played paintball at Orchid Country Club in the morning. The first impression of the paintball arena wasn't good though, it was all muddy and rundown, and I can't believe they charge so much for the game ($15 per head for admission, $800 for 4000 paintballs shared among everyone). We formed five teams of 5 people each, and played in a round robin format. Each team got to play 2 games. The game was fun, but getting shot by the paintball was really painful. I got hit once on the upper part of the face, another time smack into the neck. That area of my neck swelled up pretty badly, some even said it looked like a lovebite, haha. There were bruises on my chest and legs. Fortunately I'm still alive!
After the 'painball' session, we had lunch at a chinese restaurant inside the club. It was a ten-course meal, a very filling one. It's great to have such cohesion as we all get to get a day off to mingle with everyone. Opportunities like that are hard to come by during the normal working days when everyone are busy.

Yesterday I cleared my ippt, my final test window which I've to clear during my NS stint. I was really fortunate as the weather yesterday was cool, great for outdoor physical activities. I completed the 2.4km route in 9.31min, falling short of my 9.15min target. Nevertheless, my Mizuno Wave Precision 7 shoe did me proud. I recently bought the New Balance 768 shoe, I chose this shoe for its excellent fore and rear foot cushioning, though it's bulkier than the Mizuno noe. Now I'm just waiting for the ippt monetary incentive to enter my bank account. :D

I've been pretty bored at home during the weekends, not sure where to go. I don't really know where to hang out if I ask friends out as well. So if anyone who's bored and wants to go out during the weekends, just call me! :D

1 Comments:

  • Hi! I saw you mentioned something about the Mizuno Wave Precision 7 running shoes. How was it? Is it alright for someone with normal feet, or is it more suitable for people with High-arch?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home