Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Monday, December 31, 2007

Surprise belated birthday celebration

I had a gathering with my NJC PAE friends on Saturday afternoon. We played mahjong for several hours at Wilson's place. I hadn't played mahjong for so many months and forgotten some of the basic game rules.


Later on we had dinner at Changing Appetites in Marina Square. I went there once during a class gathering with my NYJC friends. The food was alright, price was the standard of a town area restaurant. There was this waitress who didn't really quite like us. She was grouchy when serving water and our orders. But other than that, the restaurant was great. I ordered this dish grilled chicken with bacon, and it was really fantastic. The fish & chips however, was quite bad. The fried fish fillet literally rocked, and the plate was oily.

After the meal, we waited for Tess to come from Victoria Concert Hall where she was attending a concert. Till this point of time, I still didn't have the slightest idea that they were celebrating our birthdays. After Tess came and ordered her meal, the waiter brought out three boxes. They actually bought 3 slices of cakes of different flavours. It was a great idea so that we could all try out different flavours of cake. There was cheese, chocolate and mango, and all were purchased from different cafes like Secret Recipe, Gloria Jeans and Changing Appetites. It was really a pleasant surprise. I received mp3 player and a digicam pouches. Time flew really quickly, and it was about 10pm when we decided to leave.

We went window shopping at the shops which were still open, like Fox and Topshop. I really had a great evening. I'll post the pictures once I get them from Wilson. My next blog entry will be about my 2008 New Year resolutions. I'm looking forward to the New Year!

Edit: Here are the pics

The three October babies


Making a wish that I hope will come true, with Weilong praying hard too!


Ending off with the blowing of the birthday candle.


Unwrapping the birthday gift, lots of strings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home