Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2005

A Great Day Yesterday

Yesterday was the NJ Road Run, and it was fun.
The IP students set off first, followed by the J1 girls, J2 girls, J1 boys then the J2 boys. My ogl who was in the IP batch came in first with a superb timing of ~13 minutes for the 3.7km route.
The J1 and J2 participants had to run 4.8km and 3.7km for the boys and girls respectively. We had to run through the terrace estates and finally turn out to Nanyang Girls school and back to NJ. I'm disappointed for not being able to enter the top 50. I was number 55 or 56, when I reached the finishing point, I saw the number 50 chip handed out to the guy infront of me. :(
Although the road run was 4.8km, it seemed shorter than MacRitchie's 4.8km route which I ran during my Sec 2 and 4 cross-country. I definitely need more training ad I hope to get into the top 30 in the next road run or cross country I participate in.

At night, I went to Anderson JC to meet up with my ex-sec sch classmates. AJC screened Troy that night. I had a great time exchanging college-happenings with them. Some of my friends at AJ seemed to be stressed out by the pace there. One of my friends even started to speak nonsense ever since he entered AJ (he wasn't like that during sec sch), probably due to the stress. Another wanted to drop Biology. I don't think I'd want to enter AJ after the JAE, haha.
We all went to the market hawker centre for dinner and chatted till about 10:30pm. It was definitely great to meet my classmates again after so many days splitted up into different JCs.

"Treasure everything you have now, because you'll not get to keep it forever" -Anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home