Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Days getting boring

I've been feeling really bored these few days, doing the same things over and over again. Working has become so routine that I do not feel excitement in it anymore, don't really look forward to it as much as before. I sometimes even dread it. It's still about over 2 months to enlistment.

I visited my friend Wilson, who booked out for the first time yesterday. He enlisted on Jan 12 and is now in Whiskey company, which he says is one of the slackest company in Tekong. He looked quite the same, but somehow acted and spoke differently. Perhaps 2 weeks in the army has really influenced him a little. We went to his terrace at Yishun, where he hosted lunch and dinner for us. We played mahjong in between, for almost 4 hours. His relatives were also there, and everyone especially his parents were very friendly. My NS experience will definitely be different from his, since I'd be in the Navy, spending most of my time in the water than on land.

I went shopping today at Robinsons and Heeren with my parents, bought a pair of Ashworth jeans and Ripcurl flip-flops. My shopping list still has a pair of sneakers, a watch and a shirt, I want get all of them before CNY. I've already planned a shopping trip tomorrow evening with my friends, probably going to Orchard Rd again.

I'm also starting to get frustrated with Comfort Driving School. When I first signed up, the customer service officer (CSO) told me I could get a license by April. Then when I told the instructors I'm enlisting in mid-April, they were pessimistic about my chances. My FTT was actually on Feb 23, but I was lucky to grab a 26 Jan slot, and fortunately passed it. I'll go down to the Kovan centre to speak to them. I don't want to waste hundreds of dollars on the driving course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home