Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Monday, December 04, 2006

Long holidays

I finally have a job, it's recommended by my aunt. I work as an assistant at the business centre in Ritz-Carlton. It's a really luxurious hotel, and people staying there demand the best service. Thus it's really a great learning experience for me. I don't really care about the pay though, even if its $4 or $5 an hour, I'll still take such a job. The job's really fun, I help provide services such as computer access, photocopying and printing to the guests.

Today was my first day at work, and I almost cocked up. A guest wanted to photocopy several sets of papers. As it was my first time using a heavy-duty photocopier, I was slow, I was afraid the guest would complain about it. So I kind of panicked and tried my best to be fast. After that, I had to staple a 35-paper thick set of notes. It's the first time I use the really huge staple. The guest complaint that the stapled set was too untidy, the sheets of paper were not aligned properly thus I had to re-do the stapling. Removing the staple bullet from the thick stack of paper was not easy! Fortunately, I completed the job and continued on. Later in the day, people came in for internet access, requested stationary and printing services. I went around the hotel delivering faxes to guests, thus meeting many people along the way. It's really a great way to explore the hotel. I especially like the uniform, it's a set of dark-blue suit and pants, with a nice yellow tie to match. I can now see how I'd look in a pure business attire. :D I hope to continue with this job till March... but this job doesn't have regular shifts, thus I may not get called up everyday. You can't have a cake and eat it too. =\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home