Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Monday, April 09, 2007

Class gathering & trip to M'sia

Doreen and I co-organized a class gathering last Friday, and it was a great success. For the first time, so many people turned up for a S6a gathering - about half the class. It was still a pity the others didn't turn up - some couldn't make it, some didn't want to come. We had dinner at Marina's 'Changing Appetites'. One thing about western restaurants is that they don't have large round tables, thus we ended up sitting in a long row, everyone getting to chat with at most 5-6 people only, the others are 'out of range'. We probably should've went to Crystal Jade instead, next time maybe. Later on, we went to the arcade. It was really great meeting them again, I've not met some of them since the release of A level results. I think among those who came, Eeling changed the most. Her appearance has become much more pleasant and appealing, she'll definitely look much better after removing her braces. The girls put on more makeup than before, and dress alot better. I guess they have more time for shopping already. Lester's still as crappy, maybe crappier.


My family and I went to Kuala Lumpur during the Easter weekend for the Qingming festival. My relatives on my Dad's side all live in Malaysia. It's the first time I've been to a cemetery, it was *huge*. The experience was really an eye-opener for me, I got to learn the procedures for praying and saw the different graves. There were a few which had 3 graves joined together, at first I thought it was probably the parents with the child, but it was actually a man with 2 wives.

It also happened to be the Malaysian leg of the F1 Grand Prix that weekend. There was a huge buzz in Kuala Lumpur, the hotel I stayed in was very crowded, mostly F1 fans. The Sepang race track is just an hour's drive from KL. I guess it'll be the same scenario when Singapore hosts the F1 race in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home