Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, August 05, 2004

NDP is nearing!

I've changed the background music to In The End by Linkin Park. Enjoy!

It's now just 4 days away from Singapore's birthday. I'm so sad for not being able to win the NDP tickets from the Straits Times Contest, but well, whats done cannot be undone. The only place where I can watch fireworks is at the Singapore Fireworks Festival which I'm definitely going to attend. I'm already sixteen and still have yet to attend an actual National Day Parade. I'm sure others are the same too, this definitely doesnt bode well for the patriotism of Singaporeans...

Anyway, we're going to have a small concert cum party tomorrow in school. I'm also looking forward to the week-long holiday following that.
Talking about school, I really detest the transfer of teachers from neighbourhood schools to well-known ones. Mrs Chu today announced that she's going to be transferred to one of the good schools in Singapore - after teaching for 11 years in Deyi.
Hey MOE, you're crap. Why widen the gap between neighbourhood schools and top schools by transferring quality, kind and caring teachers away from neighbourhood schools.
I really feel sorry for the Sec 3 students in Deyi. There'll be ZERO quality Biology teachers left in Deyi after this year... I really hope Mr Lau and Mrs Ng do not leave Deyi in the years to come... It is really a pity that teachers like Ms Nora, Mrs Fong, Mrs Chu, Mrs Ong and Mrs Liow leave Deyi because of transfer of school or for personal reasons. Teachers do have dreams - i.e. to teach in top schools, I suppose - so I support Mrs Chu's decision.

Anyway, this is this year's NDP logo:


Click here to read what the logo symbolises and the theme for this year's NDP.
Meanwhile, have fun guys! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home