Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2005

1st and 2nd days of CNY

So far, it seems that I'm not having as much fun as I had as compared to when I was younger. I don't really indulge myself that much in this festive season as much as before. But well, I still enjoyed it.

First day of New Year, my dad cooked a vegetarian dish for breakfast. It smelled and tasted great! Eating vegetarian on the first day of New Year signifies the clearance of all your sins you committed and starts you afresh for the New Year.
After that, my family and I went to the temple to pray. The temple was very crowded as expected, with many devotees praying to god hoping for good health, wealth and peace. I then visited my babysitter who took care of me for several years when I was young. She has been the first person we visit for CNY.
At night, I went to my aunt's place for dinner. It was a pot-luck style dinner where every family contributed at least one dish. We had sharks fin, sotong balls, chicken wings, mushroom chicken and ngoh hiang - a very sumptuous meal indeed!
Then we gambled through the night. The gathering ended at around 12 midnight. I was deadbeat when I reached home...

Second day of New Year...
My relatives, together with my family and I, visited my grand uncle (grandfather's brother). Then they came to my house for lunch. At night, another grand uncle of mine treated us to a sumptuous Peranakan-style dinner. We had ngoh hiang, curry fishhead (the best dish!), 2 vegetables dishes, chicken, rice and dessert. The dinner was great!

Too bad my school did not make tomorrow a holiday (unlike RJC), else I would be able to enjoy a long five-day break from school... Blarh, back to school tomorrow, I will not be surprised if only half the class were present tomorrow.

Xin nian kuai le! Wan shi ru yi! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home