Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2005

End of long CNY break

The 5-day Chinese New Year holiday break has come to an end so quickly. I am still in the midst of the festive mood and I'll have to jumpstart myself to start the day tomorrow.

It has been a wonderful Chinese New Year break for me. I went to my relatives' houses where they hosted lunch or dinner. And of course, whats CNY without gambling? Everyone surrounded the dining table, chit-chatting and placing their bets for that hand of cards. We played Blackjack. Although its a simple card game which has a very gentle learning curve, there's always excitment and surprises when the players and banker unveil their cards.

What's Chinese New Year without CNY goodies? There're the usual pineapple tarts, ba kwa (barbequed pork), love letters, peanut cookies and the widespread variety of candies. I particularly enjoy eating the ba kwa and peanut cookies. :D
All chinese families will at least have 4 to 5 types of CNY goodies at home whenever they host gatherings.

And of course, hong baos! Every Chinese New Year, children receive red packets from their elders (normally married couples) with a wide smile on their faces. It's great collecting money! :D


Tomorrow is 14 February - Valentine's Day. I've yet to find a valentine... hope I'll find one soon!

It's Monday blues tomorrow, Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home