Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Demagnetised compass

Right now, I feel that I'm just like a demagnetised compass, without the power to choose the direction I wish to go to. My O level results I probably have made a big mistake by putting AJ as first choice. I should have probably tried to appeal back to NJ. I still feel attached to NJ, thinking about my friends, the college, teachers and all the sweet memories of NJ when I was having orientation at NYJ.

So far there have been no news of my appeal to AJ. Although my friend in AJ said many people there appealed to the top 5 JCs and will probably have space for me, I still feel that the chances of entering AJ are slim.

On Tuesday, the day posting results were released, I went out with several of my close NJ friends. We are all part of a clique "TRP" we formed, and sadly I was the one of two people from that group who has to leave NJ. We went to Causeway's PastaMania for dinner in the evening, we chatted and told jokes. I had a great time. I was so touched when they presented me with a farewell card and a gift at the end. I think that I almost felt like crying but held back.
Three months were all we needed to form such a strong relationship among friends, which I think would be impossible to do so in my secondary school. I'm still thinking of them this very moment...

Today's orientation at NY was fun. We had mass-dance, games and a pizza dinner to wrap up the 2-day long orientation. For the mass-dance we used Summer Sunshine, All-Star and one other song, each for one dance. I still feel that NJ's mass dance was more fun and used songs with more catchy tunes. Luckily for me, the people in my og were all very outgoing and humourous, which made the orientation period even better. The pizza dinner at the end was totally an anti-climax. I thought it'd be a buffet at the canteen. But it was just a gathering along the track for some pizza of low quality (from Pelican Pizza, never heard of) and packet drinks.

I probably will be staying at NYJ as there're nowhere else I can go to. Everything is just happening too fast for me to adapt. I hope to use the 3-day weekend ahead to unwind and settle myself down before the new study term starts next week.
My econs teacher at NJ, Ms Ng, gave me words of encouragement before I left. Those words are spurring me on right now and I'll remember her for the enthusiasm she puts in her teaching and her interesting tutorial style, and definitely for the encouragement she gave me.

Wow, this is probably my longest blog entry so far. There's still until Tuesday to receive any news from AJ, and I'll be eagerly awaiting it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home