Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Last day in NJC

After 3 months of being an NJCian, I'm really proud and excited to have been one. Wearing the Deyi uniform with the NJC collar-pin makes me feel extra-special. Till now, I feel grateful to the great teachers at Deyi who have groomed me into who I am today. I feel proud to represent Deyi at one of the top JCs in Singapore. Teachers at NJC didn't hear of Deyi before, except for a few who were transferred there from my secondary school.

Today was probably my last opportunity to take a ride to NJC as an NJCian. The moment I entered the backgate, I felt a little heldback, feeling that I should not be there at all. But I stood firm and continued in. I reached the canteen, and my classmates greeted me with the usual smiles, only then did I feel the usual way again. Several people did not turn up today, amongst them were those who were pretty much guaranteed a place in NJC. I continued the day as usual, attended assembly, lectures and tutorials.

It was until PE lesson when we had lots of fun. We ran two rounds of warm-up followed by games. We played soccer under the hot sun, not really fun though, but we played till the period ended. My friends decided to stay back a little while for badminton. I joined them and played for about 2 hours. The game was fun! :D

I must say that I've had lots of fun in NJC, totally contradicting my first few posts about my initial experience at NJC then. I've made several good friends, all from different secondary schools, of different personalities and backgrounds. It has been very interesting to mix with students from schools like Catholic High, ACS, Swiss Cottage, Bukit Panjang Govt High, Rivervalley, Commonwealth and many more. Its advantageous that NJC is not affiliated to any secondary schools in Singapore, else students from those schools will flood the college.

There're also different types of teachers at NJC - fierce, enthusiastic, friendly.
Fierce - my chemistry teacher
Enthusiastic - my economics teacher
Friendly - my physics, maths and chinese teachers
My GP teacher is so-so.

I feel that NJC provides a good learning environment for students. There are many spots around the college where there are benches, tables and a serene surrounding for students to study. When tests are coming, these spots will be filled with students.

Tomorrow is the release of the posting results. I hope I'd be able to get into my 1st choice college...

I will definitely miss my NJ friends and wish them all the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home