Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2005

IT Show 2005

I went to the IT Show held at Suntec City with my cousins today. The exhibition areas were extremely crowded. We had to squeeze our way through the packs of people to get to the respective booths to buy the hardware. As my cousin wanted to fix up a new computer today, we went to the IT Show to take grab the bargains.

We bought the BenQ DVD Writer which was selling for $20 cheaper than at Sim Lim Square (SLS). Then we bought a Samsung LCD monitor, extension power plugs and a wireless router. We then took MRT back to SLS to collect the PC. By then we were dead beat after walking for almost 2 hours continuously. I went to my cousin's house to help him fix up the computer. The WinXP installation went well, but the overall installation was left hanging. We found out that we bought the wrong router as it did not have a USB connection. My cousin's broadband modem was a USB one, but the router only had an ethernet connection. Argh, we've have to waste time going back to SLS and hope we can exchange for the correct one.

I reached home at around 7:30pm, then took a very refreshing bath and ate dinner. Now I'm sitting infront of the computer, relaxing and sipping a glass of water, heh. I sure hope the router problem can be fixed... Now I'm still worried about the posting results, and wonder if I should appeal into my first choice JC should I not be posted there. Thanks stella and cuz for the well-wishes, wish you all the best too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home