Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Talk at HCI

I attended a lecture/talk on protein chemistry at Hwa Chong Institution, together with the Science Society today. The journey there took longer than I had expected, probably the bus driver took a longer route. Upon reaching the college, my friends and I were awed by the huge size of the compound. The sports complex was probably half the size of NYJC. The field and track were in very good condition, and everything just amazed me. They had an air-conditioned cafe for students to chill out, and they had a huge range of CCAs like tennis, air-rifle and baseball. But I cannot imagine the amount of competition a student would face in a college where everyone has a perfect score in the O levels.

My friends and I were joking that students could just train for their cross-country by running round the school compund once, haha.

The talk was alright. Students from various schools like CJC, NJC, NYGS, ACJC, SAJC attended the talk. The lecturer was boring. He spoke about his personal life and how people researched on proteins. He could have cracked a joke or two to get the crowd alive, but he didn't. It was still an experience for me though, and hopefully there'll be more of such talks so that I can not only learn but also explore other colleges. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home