Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2006

CIP Day

I cannot believe that I spent the entire day today doing CIP. It started off at about 9am, my class gathered at the void deck under a HDB flat at Toa Payoh. We did newspaper and clothes collection. The money from the sales of the stuffs go to the College Pocket Money Fund. I wonder whats the criteria for eligibility, the college did not even explain it to us.
Anyway, inititally, my group did not manage to get anything. But after about 10 units or so, we finally managed to get a huge pile of newspapers and clothing. The 2-storey mansionate houses at Toa Payoh is beautiful too, the residents really know how to do interior designing.
It was really good arm and leg training, as I had to carry quite a huge load and walk from point to point. We finished the collection from about 10 blocks of flats at around 1pm. My teachers bought us drinks and snacks, very good of them. I was all sweaty and tired by then. We had to wait 4 hours for the collection truck to come. Meanwhile, a few of us played with a plush powerpuff girl toy a resident disposed of. We threw it around and even played soccer with it. By about 5.10pm, the truck finally came and we spent about 10 minutes loading the newspapers and clothes.
Fortunately for me, after everything, my teacher gave one of my classmates and I a lift home as we live around the same area. I got home in about 15mins. It was time quite well spent today, as we did meaningful community work and had fun at the same time. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home