Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A new CCA

I've finally taken up an internal CCA after I was phased out from SYFC. Initially, I wanted to join the Free-Style martial arts CCA, but I somehow changed my mind so quickly and decided to join Science Society. It was not a bad idea after all as I did not have to learn things from scratch as I did not know anything about free-style martial arts. We had a shooting water bottle challenge. Each group of 2 had to build a water bottle rocket and the one which can stay in the air the longest would win. Air pressure was built up inside the water bottle and it would shoot up into the air once released. My group's rocket did quite well as it shot up quite high. But my classmate's rocket shot up higher and even got stuck on the shelter extending over the spectator stand.

However, no CCA in the college can beat SYFC in terms of thrill, physical and mental challenge and of course, the skill learnt. I'm still disappointed of not getting into the license phase due to A Levels. I keep imagining the excitment of receiving your pilot license together with the A level results. The feeling and satisfaction is uncomparable.

It's fortunate that I'm able to join a CCA even though I'm already in J2. I hope to gain valuable experience through discussions and organisation of various school events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home