Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

CNY

Day 1
My family ate a vegetarian dish cooked by my father for breakfast. It's a cantonese tradition to cook this vegetarian dish on the first day of the new year. I then went to the temple to pray. Later on, we visited my babysitter who took care of me when I was young. Although she is almost 80 years old, she is still fit and healthy. Later in the night, we went to my aunt's place at Katong for dinner. We had steamboat for dinner and it was really delicious. We then played blackjack for about 2 hours. I bet $1 per round and won about four to five dollars.

Day 2
We visited my granduncle, also at Katong. We visit him on the 2nd day of CNY every year, CNY visiting has almost become a routine for us.
Later on, we went to my aunt's place at Jurong for lunch. We had steamboat again. Steamboat's a popular way of having a meal during CNY cause its easy to prepare without much cooking. It's just dumping in the food and letting it boil.
After that, my cousins and relatives came to my house. My cousins played computer games while the others eat and drink.
In the night, we went to my 1st aunt's place at Yishun. We also played blackjack and I won four bucks~ :D

Day 3
I woke up feeling really tired. The past 2 days had really been exhausting and I slept at almost 2am for both days. I almost never get a chance to get 3 straight days of fun. Thus, I decided to go out again to enjoy the last day of the CNY holiday.
I went out with the TRP gang from NJ, not all turned up though. Nevertheless, we had much fun. I took a train from AMK all the way to Choa Chu Kang to meet up with them. One of them lives in a condo in CCK, and we went to his place. His whole house was air-conditioned and it was literally cool, haha. We played mahjong and had lunch there. The mee siam and popiah his family prepared was really nice, it's difficult to eat home-cooked food nowadays.
Later on, we took a bus to Bukit Timah and visited another friend. He also lives in a condo and the condo area was really huge. There was a swimming pool, gym, tennis court and snooker/pool and mahjong room. My friend's brother was really enthusiastic about us visiting his house. He kept talking to us and told us about the I Not Stupid Too movie. Quite a friendly guy. We played pool for an hour and had to leave as some of them had a class dinner.
I slept throughout the bus journey, this time I was really exhausted. I still have homework to do and had to scrape through to complete them.


It has been a really fun Chinese New Year holiday. I don't think we'll ever get such a long period of break again. School resumes tomorrow and it really dampens the CNY mood I have, haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home