Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

End of term...

Term 1 of JC2 is coming too an end very, very soon. Time really flies ever since I entered JC. There're so many activities everyday that don't have the time to think of "what to do next", or "what food should I eat for lunch later", or "holidays are coming!".

Block test commences right after the March holidays, that means I've to spend the whole holidays studying for it. In Sec school, exams were always before the holidays, thus allowing us to really enjoy the break. Now, especially with the new principal, my mind is almost completely focused on A levels. Almost everyday, somehow or another, I get reminded of my goal of the A levels.

It's really a pity that JC is only 2 years. I quote my Econs tutor "A CEO usually signs a 3 year contract. The first year is to adapt to the company, second year to make an impact, 3rd year to enjoy the fruits". I am finally adapted to NYJC lifestyle and people after Year 1, and I'm feeling happy and optimistic about life in NYJC right now. But I do not have a third year to enjoy and improve on the friendships I built in JC.

A joke to share:

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts:
"Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"
The man below says, "Yes, you're in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet above this field."
"You must work in information technology" says the balloonist.
"I do," replies the man. "How did you know."
"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but it's of no use to anyone."
The man below says, "You must be a corporate manager."
"I am," replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"
"Well", says the man, "You don't know where you are, or where you're going, but you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position you were before we met, but now it's my fault."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home