Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy 2009!

Yeap, it's finally 2009. It's about 6 weeks till I finally get out of army. My camp is getting more regimental, early life runs and compulsory 1st & last parades. Regimentation really spoils the relaxed environment that we used to have and enjoy. But well, just hang on for another 6 weeks and it'll be all over. Several of my friends have already ORD'd and I long to have the freedom they enjoy.

What I did and achieved in Year 2008
1. I spent many months (March till Sept) doing NDP08 together with my battalion. It was super fun though, best experience I could ever get in NS. Hope to get involved in NDP09 somehow.

2. Attained driving license in May. It was my 2nd test attempt, and I spent almost $2k to get it. I know it's not possible for me to own a car yet, so I'll just drive my Dad's car.

3. That's probably about it, cause NDP took up so much of my time. I must achieve more in 2009!!

I've also set my 2009 resolutions and targets:
1. Join Nike Human Race and Standard Chartered Marathon this year. I missed out on the 2008 Nike run as I didn't know about it, I'll not miss it in 2009.

2. Get a job from March till August when I start my course in NTU. Also to earn enough money to pay off at 1 year of tuition fees.

3. Meet up with friends more oftenly.

4. Get my first IPPT Gold as a NSmen. I'll probably have to take the test after April.

I found this video online, a guy proposing to his girlfriend during a NBA game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home