Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Fulfillment and wonderment

It has been a day filled with fulfillment and then wonderment for me...
The day started off with AMaths and Chemistry tests. The AMaths test was within my reach but the Chemistry test was challenging. There were a few questions which I totally did not know or I had to spend time wondering over it.

After that, we had an inter-class captain's ball game. I'm glad to be in the starting 10 as substitutions were rarely or never made. Only 1 or 2 substutions were made for the girl's part of the team, the boy's team remained same throughout. With 30 seconds remaining, we were leading the Sec 5 team by 14 - 10, and then this PSL came along to tell us the game was suspended... sad... I thought that 4/9 could finally gain glory with a win over the overhyped 5/1 team but it was not to be. Apparantly, there was a quarrel going on in the other on-going match (there were 2 matches played simultaneously).
And to my astonishment, the teacher-in-charge of this competition was not even around! How irresponsible can a teacher be?!?!?!? The sight of her irks me, I'm really beginning to hate her. When I told my Dad about it, he agreed that a teacher must be around at all times during the competition, but it was again not to be... Blarh!
In the end, all matches were cancelled by the discipline master because of the quarrel. If the teacher was around, this would not have happened and everything would have been fine.
But anyway, the captains ball game showed the unity of 4/9 and that underrated teams can win overhyped teams. :D Also, credit for the win should go to Xin Xiang and Xavier. Xavier was the catcher and did a great job. It was a breeze shooting the ball towards him as he was tall enough to catch almost every ball.
Xin Xiang played SUPERB defense, he blocked more than 10 balls and we would've lost the game if not for him. Player of the game outrightly goes to xinxiang!
Also, the girls played great too! The substitution of Serene for Hemma was a good one. Hemma contributed with a number of crucial steals which lead to points. Stella, together with Ying Sze and Qi Yang helped spread out the offense which led to most of the points scored. :D

Now for the wanderment part... I spent some time wondering whether to retake my Chinese O levels exams. I'd have to spend 2 months revising all the Sec1 to Sec4 work and learn abt 6-7 new chapters from the 4B textbook. But I've decided to retake it, and prove to myself that my Chinese is not that bad. I really hope to get an A1 in the coming O levels re-examination for Chinese.

Thats all for my fulfilling and wonderment day.

*Thumbs down* to Ms Poh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home