Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Tough exam today

I had my Social Studies examination today and boy, it was a really tough paper.
The first part of the paper, which is the Source Based Questions, is really difficult to comprehend. I had to read through the Background Info twice before understanding the situation. In summary, there's a racial conflict in Sudan between the Arabs and Africans. The Africans were being killed by the Arabs and their race faced a genocide (race being wiped out).

Then the structured essay question was worse. There were three choices - first on Switzerland which I did not study; second on diplomacy and deterrence which I had a vague idea about; and the last one on Britain's welfare system which I did not study too! Thus, I was left with zero choices, I had to choose the diplomacy and deterrence question. I tried my best to answer the question and to hit Level 5 by comparing the reasons. I hope I'll do well...

Tomorrow is the English paper. For me, I think my performance for the English language is erratic. It's either I understand the comprehension passage and do well, or I don't understand the passage and flung the paper. So it's all luck after all, I hope the passage is an interesting one, not those about mountain trekking, animals etc. I'd hope for factual passages, maybe about how the world is making its transition into the new era, or maybe about planets and astronomy! :)

Singapore Idol is showing now on Chan5, there're some great singers, and some mediocre ones.
Till then, have a good evening ahead. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home