Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Successful class outing

NYJC's dragonboat team organised an inter-team dragonboat fun race at the Kallang basin today. I met up with my class at Lavender MRT at around 1030am. Everyone was excited about it. Each team comprised of ten members and had to have at least 4 girls. My class registered for two boats with almost everyone joining in the fun. One member from the dragonboat team briefed us on the event and taught us the rowing strokes.

We finally got into the boat and it was my first attempt at dragonboating. It was a great experience indeed. There were several rounds of heats with five boats racing against each other during each heat event. We came in last for our heats and were not able to advance to the semi-finals. Albeit the defeat, we were still joyous after the event. We did not enter the race to win, but to become closer.

At around 2pm, we washed up and decided to go for lunch together. We travelled all the way from Lavender to Suntec City just to have a meal at Subway. We were told about an promotion that Subway was having - buy 3 breads and get 1 free. So 3 of us chose the fillings, together with the free one. When we were at the counter, the casier then told us the promotion was invalid for our purchase. The bill ended up to be ~$33 for 4 breads! I'll definitely be more cautious about promotions, even if the staff recommend it. I should've followed other friends to eat at the foodcourt or burger king. It was a lesson learnt...

We finished eating at around 4:30pm and everyone left for home. I walked together with a few of my friends taking the same route as me. Along the way, they passed by shops and went into browse. Girls definitely love shopping... We then reached the mrt station at 5:30pm. I took the NEL and reached home in time for dinner.

I had a great time today, especially seeing that my class is finally bonding together. I still miss my NJ friends though, and hope to have an outing with them soon! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home