Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2005

International Friendship Day

I don't know whether the actual International Friendship Day was yesterday or today. My friend in NJC told me the celebrated the occassion yesterday, but NYJC celebrated it today. There was a costume parade displaying the traditional clothings of the various countries groups around the world. There were clothes from Vietnam, Indonesia, Japan and China, not sure if I missed out any country. Then the SM2 scholars went on stage to sing Stephanie Sun's Together and Emil Chou's Peng You. But sadly, I feel that the concert was boring and meaningless. They should have organised some notes-exchanging session between friends, or maybe give out wristbands signifying Int Friendship Day.

NYJC also has a dragonboat fun-race coming up. We have to form groups of 10 to fill one boat, and almost everyone in class signed up and filled up two boats. I'm sure this event will be fun and hope that it'll bond the class.

Today's PE lesson was quite fun, probably not as vigorous as NJ's. I think due to the lack of PE teachers, each class were given a task list of the various exercises to do and we had to complete them on ourselves. We only had to run 4 rounds, do pushups, situps, dips and it was over. No wonder NYJC managed to clinch only a silver award for Napfa last year. o_O The Napfa test for NY is scheduled in May, I've to work on my standing broad jump!

It's Friday tomorrow and I look forward to the weekends. My YFC medical is during this weekends, hopefully I'll do well in it and get selected for interview. Wish me luck! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home