Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I finally feel closer to my classmates. We sit together during lectures, we have common topics to chat about during lunch and in class and also, we make fun of each other more oftenly. After more than a month, I've more or less settled down.

NYJC is known for its very weak GP grades. Now the college has even implemented a compulsory reading program for all J1s every two weeks during Wednesday's assembly period. Personally, I do not like the style GP lessons are conducted at NYJC. We have mass-lectures for GP, which I feel is totally unnecessary. Colleges with strong GP grades such as NJC and AJC do not have mass-lectures for GP. Instead of having mass-lectures, I think the time should be used for tutorial lessons instead because GP is a fully interactive subject where views of students must be heard. Mass-lectures are "one-way" and boring... Argh, I've a feeling I'm going to do badly in GP.

After all the lessons today, we had to attend a security seminar conducted by SAF at the hall. The seminar was conducted with the aim to clear any doubts students may have about National Service and SAF as a whole. The presentation was very short and the officer did not share much of his experience with us. Boring, IMO...

My YFC application is still pending approval and I'm really nervous about it. Hopefully my medical is cleared and I'll get an interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home