Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Labour Day

The month of May begins today, it is also the Labour/May Day holiday. As it falls on a Sunday, tomorrow will be a public holiday as well. :D

Yesterday
Birthday Present
Yesterday I went out with friends to shop for a birthday present for our buddy whose birthday falls on 7 May. After much walking at the Heeren and deliberation, we decided to buy a tee-shirt with words "For god's sake, stop smoking!" as we felt that it will look good on him.

Movie
We then watched The Interpreter at Cineleisure. The movie theatre was full house - my opinion of the quality of the movie fully justified it. The movie was about a girl who works at the United Nations as an interpreter during bilateral meetings between two foreign nations. This girl happened to hear that someone was plotting to assasinate the leader of one of the nations and quickly informed the police. However, the police did not believe her and sent secret service agents to investigate the case further... and so the story goes on. Although some parts of the movie had too much depth for me to understand, I still enjoyed the thrill and suspense that the movie brought.

Dinner
It was already 8pm when the movie ended. Food courts and fast-food restaurants were packed with people. We then decided to take a train to Suntec City for dinner. We reached at around 9pm. I feel that the distance from City Hall MRT to Suntec City is quite long, especially when there's a crowd, it'll seem to take forever to reach Suntec. By then, we were tired and hungry. Thus, we just settled for Pizza Hut, thinking that the price would be quite affordable. But in the end, we ended up paying $18 each for a Family Feast set which came with a jug of soft drink, two 9" pizzas and a plate of onion rings/octopus rings/drumsticks mixed. We definitely gave up on all our consumer surplus... or maybe even overshot it.

After dinner, we all went home...

Today
Basketball
My friends and I actually planned to meet at 8am and then go for a jog at the stadium. However, one of them was very late and we decided to play basketball. We played from 9am to around 10:30am. We then went to Heartland Mall for lunch at KFC. I ate the Shrooms burger set which I think is a gimmick. The burger was smaller than the size of the palm, it'd take two sets to make you full.

Later...
My friend then did a project with his group, thus I went home. Later in the evening, he called me for a basketball game. When I reached the court, it was raining and could not play.

Then...
We then decided to jog at a park nearby and did a few pull ups.

I think it was not a really pleasent day as a lot of time was wasted waiting for friends etc. I'm going to meet up with my cousins for badminton tomorrow, hopefully it'll be fun! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home