Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Long weekend

I had a fun time yesterday. We went to Suntec City to see Jamie's temple event. It's the first time I see a temple holding such a grand event at Suntec City's fountain. Temples are beginning to become contemparary to attract younger devotees I suppose. The event was very large-scale and grand. There were a 3 large statues where people worshipped and prayed for good health and luck.
I went with Yvonne, Kelvin, Doreen and Bee Hua. Although there were only a few people, it was fun. As usual Yvonne was the most lively person and it was nice.
I left at around 6pm to meet up with another group of friends to attend the AJC Chinese Orchestra concert held at Singapore Conference Hall. We went there to support one of my friends who was previously in NJC in the first three months and later joined AJC. There was one particular performance that everyone enjoyed the most. It was the Suo Na or trumpet (I think) solo performance. The student played it really well and livened up the crowd.


Today, I went to Suntec to celebrate my friend's birthday. We watched MI3 and had dinner at Swensens. The movie ended at around 9.30pm and the shops were all closing already. We walked from Marina Square all the way to Suntec to have our dinner at Swensens. Fortunately they were opened till 10.30pm.
Oh gosh, I've spent lots of money this weekend. I had better stay home tomorrow to study!

I can't wait till next Saturday when I receive my SYFC certificate. I can finally meet my coursemates and catch up with them. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home