Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

NDP and shopping!

A group of friends and I helped out at the NDP full-dress rehearsal at Marina Bay last Saturday. Our job was to distribute the food rations to the naval divers performing at the parade. The food was not bad, lunch was chicken rice from Singapore Food Ind, while dinner was food from Pizza Hut. During the break, we went to Marina Square to shop. I wanted to buy some clothes but didn't bring enough money. Thus I decided to come back during my off-day on Monday to buy them. After the event, I went to watch the Harry Potter movie with my brother at Suntec City. The movie was good, probably cause it's based on a book by a good author.

On Monday, I went back to Marina Square. This time I somehow didn't find any clothes of my liking. I went to almost every boutique - Zara, Lacoste, Levis, Espirit, Gap, Topshop. I walked around for 5 hours, with breaks at McDonalds and Aunt Annie's. In the end, I bought 2 pairs of sports socks and a dri-fit shirt from royal sporting house. Till now, I can't believe I didn't buy a polo tee or a pair of nice jeans. I definitely bad at shopping.

I'll be helping out at NDP again tomorrow morning, again to distribute food rations. It's really a great opportunity to make new friends and gain experience. I'll probably be helping out on NDP07 itself, I can't wait to view the spectacular fireworks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home