Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Exams frenzy

Although only 3 days of the week have passed, it seems to be one of the longest weeks. I had General Paper and Chemistry exams on Monday, and Mathematics and Economics today.

The worst paper was Mathematics. It lasted 3 long hours and everyone was mentally exhausted after the paper. There was one question on Sigma notation which required long and tedious working, and had 8 marks to it. As there was only about 20mins left, I decided to go all out to solve this question. I wrote an entire page of rough working before getting the answer. I definitely hope it's correct!

For General Paper, I chose the topic 'Do you think young Singaporeans are well-prepared for life today?' Upon seeing it, I knew it was regarding education and I chose it right away. I commented that young Singaporeans are academically successful after receiving at least 10 years of education. But their social life is dreadful and their not ready to settle down to create a family. Look at the decreasing birthrate... Many Singaporeans are getting married at a later age, and by the time they decide to have babies, they're already 40 years old! Imagine a 50 year old man looking after a 10 year old kid. In other countries, he's old enough to be the kid's grandfather! Ok, enough of ranting.

Chemistry was also a tough paper, doubt that I can do well for it. Economics on contrary was quite alright. The MCQs were straight forward, but the essay questions posed problems to me. I did not really study the issues regarding small firms, so I couldn't answer one of the essay questions in full context. I just wrote down whatever I knew about small firms.

Hope that I can get back the paper soon, only then will I know my results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home