Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Monday, June 06, 2005

On Sunday morning, my family and I went to MacRitchie reservoir planning to go for the treetop walk. But to our dispair, it opens at only 8:30am. It was only 6:30am at that time. Thus we decided to go for a jog at the MacRitchie jungle trail instead.

The car park there was almost full, and the place was buzzing with activities. Athletes in their sports attire prepared for their race, while others did a slow jog or strolled on the path surrounding the reservoir. The environment was just so serene. My brother and I jogged the 3.6km route, and it felt very much shorter than the 4.8km route I ran during the X-country last year. My target is to finish top 20 for next year's NYJC X-country event, but I'm sure it will require lots of training.

After the refreshing jog, we went for breakfast at the food court nearby. Later on, we went to my Aunt's house to celebrate my cousin's 21st birthday. It was very fun, we ate lots of food and played XBox.

Today, I together with Wenhui, went to Compasspoint at Sengkang to shop for a birthday present for my close friend whose birthday is tomorrow. After much shopping, we decided to buy a Converse basketball jersey for him. We'll celebrate his birthday by going to the movies and dinner tomorrow. Hope that it'll be fun!

Anyway, the strong resistance by ex-Nanyang JC students against the name-change paid off. The incident even appeared in the Straits Times on Saturday. The principal had announced that the school's board of directors has decided to keep the Nanyang name. Although I've just been with Nanyang for 3 months, I still feel happy about it. If I'm not wrong, Nanyang JC is one of the only two JCs which has Chinese names. The other being Hwa Chong, Nanyang definitely has the potential to strive for greater achievements both academically and in sports.

National JC will also be having a band concert at Victoria Concert Hall on 6 July. Their concert band achieved Gold with Honours at the recent Singapore Youth Festival. Tix costs $10 each, and the quality of the band will be worth your every cent. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home