Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Friday, June 03, 2005

Hol Lessons & Sentosa

I had holiday lectures again today. There was Economics from 8-930am, followed by Physics from 10-1130am. There'll be another day of lectures next Tuesday, after that it will all depend on myself to do revision for the upcoming mid-year exams. Although it is probably a blessing in disguise that I am in NY because the mid-year covers about 1 to 2 chapters less than the top 5 JCs like NJ. But I still keep my aims high so as I will be able to reach my target of 4 'A's for the A levels next year.

Few days ago, one of my NJC friends invited me to one of the senior's birthday at Sentosa. I was quite surprised, but glad. Thus this afternoon, I met up with Wilson and Jiamin at PS to shop for a present. After walking rounds around the shopping centre, we decided to buy a puppy-bank which is a coin-saver. By then, it was already 5pm. The gathering was supposed to start at 2pm, so we thought that we were very late. We then took an MRT to HabourFront.

Sentosa has changed a lot since the last time I went there which was years ago. The monorail system had been deserviced and is now replaced by a shuttle bus service. We also had to pay $3 to enter the island. I think it is quite a reasonable price since it includes the bus shuttle service, the usage of beaches and other facilities.

When we reached, there was only a few people present. I thought that there would be a large crowd of people comprising of 04S10 and 05S10, but only less than half the classes turned up. The weather was great and the beach was beautiful. People were playing beach soccer and beach volleyball. Singapore is clearly trying to mimic the beaches in Australia, America and Bali. There were also several small man-made islands lining the shoreline, people could swim from the main Sentosa island across to those small islands.

Wilson, Jiamin and I then decided to walk around the island because the bicycle kiosks were closed. We ended up sitting by the beach and enjoying the relaxing breeze. We snapped several pictures with our handphones, of the beautiful sun setting upon the azure sky, and the palm trees swaying to the breezing wind. We sat there till the sun set and the surroundings were very dark except for the lights from the stalls.

We then walked back to the table where the food was placed. The 3 of us felt pretty awkward since we do not really know the seniors. After eating, we left at about 9pm. We took the shuttle bus back to HabourFront MRT and bade our goodbyes.

There is also a class outing for my NYJC class, and will also be at Sentosa. I hope that the weather will be fine, and we'll all enjoy ourselves playing basketball, volleyball, soccer and all the fun stuffs. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home