Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Flying Frenzy

I just finished playing MS Flight Simulator 2004, but I still cannot land a Boeing 747. I play the game almost everyday, and have tried flying different aircrafts ranging from small planes like the Cessna Skyhawk, to medium range planes like the Bombadier Learjet, and to the heavy ones like Boeing 747 and Airbus A340. I've had successfully landed the Cessna Skyhawk and Learjet aircrafts, but not the Boeing jumbo jets. I definitely need more practice to adjust the plane to the correct speed and altitude for landing.

I had my flying club interview yesterday, and it was quite an experience.
I took a bus to the flying club in Seletar camp, and saw many other applicants already there. There were 30 students scheduled for that interview session. I was surprised to see two other students from NYJC, since I thought I'm the only one from NYJC to apply to join the club. Other students were from CJC, HCI, ACJC, VJC and some other institutions which I cannot recognise.
I was number 11, and waited for about an hour before it was my turn. The interviewer was the flying club's General Manager, also a retired Lt Colonel from the RSAF. He asked me several questions:
1. How did you develop the interest for flying?
2. How do you keep that interest alive?
3. Will you consider flying as a career in the future?
4. Which plane would you want to fly in the air force?
I think that the interview went quite well, and definitely hope I'd pass it. This is the final selection for the student pilot course. They are only selecting about 50 students out of the 100+ students applying. There's still a 50-50 chance. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home