Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Doubts about myself

I am beginning to doubt my language ability after getting disastrous results for my General Paper and Chinese exam - F9 for Chinese and C6 for GP. It's the kind of thing that can deal a huge blow to you even if you did well for the other subjects.

I've received the results for all my subjects. So far I'm most satisfied with Economics after getting results that were way beyond my expectation, and most disappointed result is Chinese.

The recent defamatory lawsuit that NKF filed against SPH has raised many doubts upon NKF's organisation and usage of funds. The non-profit organisation pays its CEO, Mr TT Durai, $25,000 of monthly salary and gave him 12-months bonus last year for his "good performance". I reckon half of his yearly salary could be used to fund a patient's dialysis treatment for a year. Previously, my parents donate $10 monthly to NKF, but not anymore. Who knows how many more secrets about NKF's organisation would be uncovered if they continued with the lawsuit.

I need to brush up on my Chinese language, maybe I should memorise 10 phrases from the Chinese handbook before I go to bed every night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home