Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Unexpected ending to gathering

1 July
I met up with my TRP clique yesterday evening for a gathering to celebrate Tess's birthday. I thought that it'd definitely be fun as there'd be lots of jokes and chit-chatting. We met up at Jurong East MRT. I was wondering if Jinghang would join us, when she suddenly appeared as I stepped out of Popular. Yoke Teng and Bao Yuan were at NTUC, so we met them there.

Yoke Teng was not in a good mood as she was sick and was upset as the others were late. I actually thought we were going to buy a birthday cake, but the band members told us to buy titbits instead as they already had cake during their band practice in school. After lots of deliberation, we ended up buying two bottles of sparking juice and two packets of chips.

We reached her house at 8pm. Tess's dad prepared fried bee hoon and snacks for us. Bao Yuan then jokingly said that it was Jiamin's fault for being so late. He said something like "It's not your fault... but it actually is" That sentence was the turning point to the mood of the gathering. Jiamin was very sad because of those remarks, but well he cannot take back what he said. I felt awkward as I didn't know what to do.

Yesterday was the first time I witness a trp gathering going so bad. People say that quarrels can test friendships, and I sure hope that we would have closer friendship within the group after yesterday's incident.

2 July
I played basketball at Deyi today. I had already played basketball yesterday morning, and was quite tired even before today's game. I think that I still need to brush up on my shooting techniques. We practice our shooting during every basketball meeting we have, we each have 30 shots and have to try to score as many as we can. I was 10 for 30... that's only about 30%. We later had lunch at a food centre nearby the school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home