Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2005

I was so tired yesterday I slept for a while during maths lecture. After the lecture, a teacher announced through the PA system for all J1 students to gather in the hall. It was strange as it was supposed to be PW lecture next. At first, I thought the principal was going to talk to us about our midyear exam results.

The principal then announced with deep regrets and sadness that a J1 student passed away the night before. Everyone was shocked at the point, the girl's close friends cried, the members of her CCA and her class gathered at the iSpace to mourn for her death. At that moment, there was a solemn atmosphere in the hall. Even though I do not know the girl, sadness filled my heart. You never know what will happen to the friends around you. They may be chatting with you now, but may never be the next moment onwards. During Chinese lesson, the teacher gave us three composition topics and the chose the one about treasuring what you have only after you have lost it.

--------------

In the evening, I met up with my friends for the NJC Chinese Orchestra concert at Singapore Conference Hall. I reached there 30 mins early so that I could have my dinner. I did not know that the Tanjong Pagar area was a total business district with no food centres at all. Thus I had to make do with a meal at a cafe cum bar. I ate prawn noodles which was not filling at all. I then came across StarBucks and bought a cup of strawberry frapucino to fill my stomach.

The concert was great, but I didnt fully enjoy it as I was really tired after a long day at school. Wei Long played the Gu zheng, and my primary school mate Wei Xiang played the Er Hu. The sound was superb, it beats hands down, listening to mp3s at home haha. Bao Yuan was one of the MCs that night, and he said one really catch phrase in commending one of the performances. "I've seen flying sauces, but flying symbols? Wow!" After the concert, we were teasing him with "Wow!" We went to Lau Pa Sat for supper and chatted for an hour or so.

I reached home at around 12 midnight and dropped flat on the bed after a quick refreshing bath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home