Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Happy Teacher's Day!

"Let's all pay our tributes to teachers this Teacher's Day!"

Yesterday's Teacher's Day celebration in college was quite a quiet affair. The ACES day dance sucked (I wonder who suggested it) I did not even feel that I'd exercised. There were few performances. I expected the student councillors to put up a better event. Later on there was a food fair in the canteen. Our class was supposed to order pizza from Canadian Pizza, but later found out it opens after 11am.

I went back to Deyi later on. It was great to meet my good old friends and wonderful teachers. But I feel it's a pity that I had mixed with the wrong group of people during my Secondary school days, and now our supposedly close clique is slowly breaking up. I envy the 2/7 and 2/8 cliques who are still so close even after being posted to different colleges and polys. I try to turn the situation around by attempting to join other groups of people, but it's just too difficult for me. I still love everyone though. :)

It was at KFC where the cliques began to form. Supposedly a class-lunch, it turned into group gatherings. I feel really sad that it has turned out this way. I don't blame anyone though. I blame myself for choosing to be with the wrong people in the first place during Sec Sch. Now I'm beginning to select the right people to mix with in JC. Better late than never, they say. :)

On the way back from KFC, I met my econs tutor with his son at a mosque. I greeted him and he returned with a smile. :) He's a great tutor, his lessons are usually interactive and he shares his life experiences for us to learn from.

Sheesh, the Teacher's Day holiday is over in just a flash. A long day tomorrow at school again...


"The Air Force, Above All - World class people, First class Air Force"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home