Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Long weekend

This year's National Day holiday stretched for virtually 5 days long. Monday was the NDP celebrations in school, Tuesday was a public holiday and today is a school holiday.

The NDP celebrations in school was dampered by the wet weather. We were supposed to have a few fun outdoor games, but the rain restricted us to playing an indoor memory game which was boring. After the celebrations, I played badminton with a few of my classmates for about 2 hours. Later on, I went to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Wilson, Jiamin, Yoke Teng and Ian. I didn't think that the movie was spectacular, contrary to my friends' critiques. I am more inclined to movies like War of the Worlds. By evening, I started to feel fatigue from the badminton game. I had a slight headache but was still able to go on. We then had Japanese ramen for dinner at PS. When I got home, I slept immediately after a bath.

On Tuesday, I went for a chalet at East Coast Park's Coasta Sands. There were only 4 people present, so the atmosphere was not really good. The chalet was located far away from the main recreational areas. We had to walk about 15 minutes to the food centre. We bought dinner back to the chalet from that food centre. I was expecting to see the fireworks and F-16 flypast from the Padang, but the view was blocked out. After watching the NDP, we played Mahjong from 9pm to 4am the next morning. Blerh~! We then slept for about 6hours till 10am before checking out. We then had breakfast at McDonalds and then left for home. I am still feeling quite lethargic because I'm not used to sleeping very late.

The holidays are over just like that. Time really flies when you're enjoying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home