Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Confused, in dilemma, well?

I went down to SYFC yesterday afternoon. In the room, there were 19 other successful applicants, some accompanied by parents, awaiting the GM's arrival. I then realised that I have been accepted by the flying club. It was a huge boost to my confidence after I pass my first ever major interview. It took me great pains to undergo a tedious medical checkup and later a selection interview, so as to be accepted for the flying course. But now I need to choose whether to start the lesson this year or 3 years later, after National Service. I would not have been caught in this situation if I had applied earlier. I was actually the last few JC students to apply for the course.

If I were to start in October this year, the course would stretch until October next year, which will coincide with the JC prelim exams, and maybe even the A level exams. I would then have to juggle two very important factors in my life - flying school and academics. I have always aspired to be a pilot, but this is a real dilemma. I would not be facing this problem should I be studying in polytechnic now, cause its a 3 year course.

If I decide to start the course after NS, my hopes to enter the Air Force is as good as gone. Well, I could still be a commercial airline pilot though. But I do want the challenge and the extremely rare experience of being an Air Force pilot, flying the F-16 fighter jet or the C-130 transport aircraft.

My friend today announced that he will leave school for a year to pursue his dream of applying into a prestigious music school in America. He is willing to take the risk of lagging behind everyone so as to pursue his dream. Should he fail the application, he would have to start from J1 in 2006. I really admire his determination and decisiveness. If he were me, I'm sure he would have already picked an option.

If I were to start this year, it is a real gamble with my academics. Probably entering a Polytechnic would be a better choice afterall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home