Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Tekong field trip and more...

My college field trip to Pulau Tekong was a fruitful one. It gave me insight to the life that I'll experience about a year from now after I enter the army. There were recruits running around the camp in their sports attire, whole body perspiring. It is like having PE the whole day for 3 months!
The guided tour started out with an introduction to IPPT, the physical fitness test of the army. It's somewhat similar to NAPFA except the exclusion of sit-and-reach and the higher standards. Then we got the chance to try out the M16 rifle simulator. There was this area with so many individual computerised M16s. The system is able to calculate accuracy and identify errors in the shooting techniques. Next, we tasted combat ration. It was food vacuum-packed in dark green packets. There was the main course packet, and also a dessert packet. It's quite a delicacy considering eating them after hours of tough training in the jungle, or during a real war. The red bean soup dessert was tasty. My friends took home several packets of combat rations, and I was left with none. Anyhow, I got to try the much sought-after fruit bar snack. The snack was gone before I reached the table. But at the end of the tour, I took it from the display table as we were the last group, hehe.

It was a long day at school today. We had an extra math lecture from 5 to 6pm. I played basketball in between the 2-hour long free period before the math lecture. NYJC organised this 3-on-3 basketball competition for the students. My friend's team almost made it to the final four if not for referees who ruled them out because of inferior points difference. (Who in the world uses soccer's points difference for ranking in basketball tournaments?! Even the NBA does not do that!) I really feel sad for them. Their team is really strong. Screw the team who got through because of superior points difference!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home