Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

10,000 visitors milestone

Upon loading my blog, I read "10,083" on the visitor counter. Wow! I cannot remember exactly the date I started blogging, but the last blog post still recorded by Blogspot dates back to June 2004. Blogging has certainly become my open medium to share my thoughts with everyone, and let others have an insight into part of my life.

I'm still having a hangover after getting back my results yesterday. Jinzheng and I were discussing about taking S paper and joking about taking part in the science olympiads. But with results like mine, it'll all but certain be only a wish. At the beginning of the year, I was geared up for JC life. When I was in NJC during the first three months, I was influenced by all the motivated people around me. Everyone aimed for straight As and S papers, and some geared towards scholarships after the A levels. After interacting with them for over 3 months, I was definitely motivated by them. I started to aim for scholarships and S papers. I did pretty well in Maths and Physics at the beginning, but later began to drop back. I've no idea why it happened, probably because of the people around me - the people I interacted with for the next 6 to 7 months, and myself to blame as well. I failed to have the same motivation I had a few months back, hence I began to falter. I always look back to the time I spent at NJC, and the friends I had there. I want to find back the motivation and inspiration to gear myself up for the A levels.
People in my class aim to get promoted, and probably only Jinzheng, Kelvin and Alicia aim for S paper. If I were to be in a class with everyone aiming for the peak, I'd definitely be more motivated to do so.

There's still PW oral presentation and Chinese A level exams to sit for in the next 3 weeks. After that, I'll be able to put all my time into SYFC. A few of my coursemates from Poly have already flown their first sortie. I hope I'll not fall behind, else the chances of getting phased out will be very high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home