Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2005

1st YFC flight

I flew my first YFC sortie this afternoon. I was quite lucky as the weather began to clear up about 30 mins before the flight. The first flight was an introductory flight where the instructor showed me the external flight checks, how to taxy the plane and the flight training areas which is around the north-east of Singapore. As this was my first training, I was quite blur about the forms to fill up. Fortunately, the Ops Room department lady was very kind and explained the procedures to me. My next sortie would probably be next week. I'd learn about banking and yawing of the plane during the next sortie, and I'll have to perform the external checks for the instructor to grade me. I hope I will not go wrong!
Even though it was supposed to be a relaxing introductory flight, I was mentally exhausted after the flight. I wonder how I'd be able to cope with the subsequent flights where I'll have to actually control the plane and stuff. Radio-telephony (R/T) seems tough too. During today's intro flight, the communication between the instructor and air-traffic control was really fast-speed and muffled. I wonder how they manage to interpret each other. It'll be really cool once I get the hang of flying R/T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home