Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

1st Solo

After 17.7h of dual flying with my instructor, I was finally cleared for my first solo flight. I am very happy as I finally completed the basic flying course. Even though I cannot progress on to the Private Pilot License phase due to A Levels, I still feel that I've achieved and gained a lot from the flying course.

My instructor and I took off at 5pm, and went for a few circuits to get myself warmed up for the solo flight. I made a about 5 good landings, which I'm very happy about. At about 5.45pm, we landed and parked at the parking bay near the control tower. My instructor got off the plane, and it was all about me. I made the radio call to Seletar ground and received clearance for taxi to runway. The takeoff was smooth. During the flight, the plane felt very light as there was only one person onboard. My approach was smooth and nice, the plane touched down smoothly. I had a huge sigh of relieve. The feeling was just great, it felt like I've just won a race or something.

I then parked the plane at the parking bay to let my instructor board the plane. He shook my hands to congratulate me for completing my first solo. Back at the Ops room, I met my primary instructor and he congratulated me too! :D SYFC had a ritual which was to pour water over students who completed their first solo. I was not to be spared too. The PPL students filled up a bucket of water and put soil and flowers in it! The next thing I knew, I was all wet and muddy. It's an experience I'll never forget.

I'll post some pictures once I receive them from my friend who took them. :D

1 Comments:

  • wow, congrats on flying solo!!! i am so inspired now! =D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home