Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Friday, January 13, 2006

Weekends!

Yep, the weekends are here again! This week has been a dull one, with no exciting happenings. I fell sick yesterday and had to miss lessons. I had "gastroentitis" as described by the doctor as gastric flu. It's probably due to the food I ate the day before. I queued up for 2 hours before being able to see the doctor. Later on, I tried to finish some tutorials but was too tired to do so. I slept for about 4 to 5 hours in the afternoon.

There was PE lessons this morning, but it was really a pity that I had to miss it as I still had slight fever. I really want to train for my napfa test, especially 2.4 and standing broad jump. I clocked 10.46 in my previous 2.4 run, which is way below my target of 9.30. Falling ill has really high opportunity costs - missing valuable lessons, having to miss PE and of course, suffering during the period of being ill.

An incident happened to me during physics practical lessons today. My friend passed me some sweets and I ate one. When the teacher caught me eating, she pointed it out to the class, in a way I find somewhat sarcastic. I thought such stuffs only happen in top-ranked schools where there are normally student-teacher politics, and the teachers find every opportunity to dig at a student. My physics teacher has been very caring and kind to us, so I was somewhat surprised at her actions. But no offense taken by me though.

I stayed back after school to complete some tutorials and went for a movie screening in the school LT. They screened 50 First Dates. Even though I've watched it 3 times already, it did not fail to make me laugh.

I am so looking forward to Chinese New Year. But I just detest the college holding cross-country on that day. Where is the planning by the teachers and principal? I overheard a conversation between my teacher and classmate that they planned it wrongly but could not change the date as the logistics were already organised and delivered. Talking about the college developing leadership skills among students. Duh! I was hoping to see how a college rich in Chinese culture would celebrate Chinese New Year, perhaps a cross-country event? *Speechless* I am planning to return to my Sec Sch on that Friday too, but looks like I can't.

That's pretty much my day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home