Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

It's Y2k6 already. Soon, I'll be starting my JC2 phase in education, and then it'll be a venture out into society. It's really exciting to think about it, wondering how you'd live your life in the future, what your job would be, how you'd finally meet up with the girl you love, and how your family would be like. =)

Yesterday night, I went to the countdown party held at the Bradell Heights community club in Serangoon. The crowd was much larger than I expected. The guest-of-honours were the Marine Parade MP, and Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong. I went there at about 11.30pm, and missed the SM's speech. I also missed out on the Project Superstar winner WeiLian's performance... How sad, darn. My brother and I found a place in the crowd, and stood there for almost 20 minutes waiting for the clock to strike 12. 20 seconds before 2006, the countdown began. The VIPs were on stage with confetti launchers in their hands. Everyone went wild when it was finally "Happy New Year 2006!!!" A minute later, there was a short 2 or 3 minute fireworks display. It's the first time a fireworks display is held in the Serangoon area. It's probably to entertain SM Goh.:S After the fireworks, my brother and I left as the performance later on was sucky. We went to McDonalds nearby to have a drink and then went home. It's not really as exciting as it would be at Mt Faber or Sentosa, but it was still fun. :)

I'm also surprised to receive only 2 new year greeting SMS's, as compared to 10 SMS's I received during Christmas, haha. Probably many people bust their SMS limit after sending many Christmas greeting SMSes.

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR! May you have a great year ahead! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home