Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Sortie 12

I woke up at 6.30am, got myself ready and took a bus to the flying club. On the way there, rain started to fall. I kept thinking to myself whether or not the flight would be cancelled again like the last one did. After reaching the club, I entered the Ops room to sign in, and I saw that the Lightning Warning was till 8.50am. My flight was scheduled to be 9am. I then had a pre-flight brief with my instructor. We were only allowed to go to the aircraft at around 9.30am.

On the first take-off, I forgotten the after take-off checks and was thus scolded by the instructor. My lining up on final approach still needs lots of improvement, and my landing round-off needs work too. I also kind off switched off during the flight. I kept on forgetting to do stuffs like look-outs and checks. I've decided to spend at least 0.5hours to practice flying using the Flight Simulator software.

Anyway, I found some interesting quotes about flying from here:
--Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.
--If you push the stick forward, the houses get bigger, if you pull the stick back they get smaller. (Unless you keep pulling the stick back - then they get bigger again)
--It's better to be down here wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down here.
--Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill known to man, Landing is the 1st! (This is so true!!!)
--Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself. (LOL!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home