Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Holidays... or no?

There is no such thing as school holidays when it comes to JC. The mid-year examinations are scheduled to be right after the June holidays on 27 June. It is probably the same for every other JC students, they get little or no time at all to relax because of CCA commitments and the mid-year exams. I'm going on a week's holiday to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to visit my relatives and of course enjoy the food and shopping there. Hopefully I still have time to study. :D

My SYFC selection interview is just a week away, and I've been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 to get the experience of flying, and hopefully be able to answer questions related to the basics of flying (provided if they even ask). I am also reading a book which narrates the history of the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF). I want the interview to be successful, especially after taking so much trouble to undergo the various medical checkups.

Today is my friend from NJC, Wilson's, birthday. Although we are no longer in the same JC, I sent him an SMS this morning wishing him a very happy birthday. I'm also sharing a present, bought by my other friends in the same clique, for him. I definitely hope he likes it, haha.

On Monday, I went to Temasek Club together with my family and cousins for badminton and basketball. My uncle was so fit. Despite his age of 40, he was still able to play badminton and basketball together with us. He also told me that he can still run 2.4km in 9:30min, I was so amazed. When he was my age, he ran 7min+ for his 2.4km! I've taken him as a source of inspiration, and aim to run 2.4km in 9min for next year's NAPFA test. Under 8min is totally impossible for me...

Today, I got back my GP test paper. My essay failed with a score of 21/50. I wrote about the extent that education helps us in coping with the rapid changes in society. My scope of the essay was too narrow as I focused alot on Singapore's education system and totally ignored other countries. The teacher gave comments that the essay was more like a complaint against the Singapore education system, haha. I guess that I was really heated up when I chose this topic, and decided to be anti-Singapore-education-system. I'm now aiming for at least a B3 for the upcoming mid-year exams as I know my low score is due to the narrow scope (low content marks) and not the lack of points or poor language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home