Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

2nd sortie

I had my second YFC flight today. I was actually quite surprised to be able to get a 4th wave flight, guess I'm just lucky. I felt more relaxed today as I knew what to do for reporting e.g. the forms to fill up etc. Today's lesson was about the effects of controls, which is the most basic flying technique. I think even taxying the plane requires more skill, lol. On the ground, about 6 planes queued up on the taxy way because a Boeing jet plane was landing. There were jokes about "size matters" and "traffic jam" broadcast on the intercoms. It was really hilarious, lol. The picture of the planes queueing up was really cool, too bad I couldn't take a picture of it.

In the air, I banked the plane left and right, yawed it, pitched it up and down, and also trimmed the plane. It was quite an experience to control the plane for the first time. The studying I did about the effects of controls paid off as I could answer almost all the questions asked by the instructor. However, I still felt exhausted after the 1 hour flight. I need time to adapt to the varying altitude...

In school, we rehearsed the PW oral prsentation today. I did alright except for a few pauses and distracting movements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home