Zi Rong's Personal Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Chalet @ Costa Sands

It was my first time staying 2 days overnight with my friends at a chalet. It was a real adventure indeed. The chalet was at an ulu area, a distant away from the main Downtown East area. But it cost only $20 for 3D2N, so it's quite a good deal.

On Sunday, we rented 4 bicycles overnight for $15 each. At first we thought it was quite expensive, but after a really eventful night cycling trip, it was worth every dollar. Wilson, Tess, Ian and I decided to cycle from the chalet at Pasir Ris to Changi Airport.

We set out at 4am. It was quite scary at first to cycle on the road, but when we reached the expressway, it was even more scary. The road was so wide with all the vehicles travelling at 90km/h. We cycled along the TPE and got off at Loyang Ave. It was the wrong way because we should have continued cycling on the TPE and we'd have reached the airport in the next 30-40mins... We cycled to the Changi Beach and the sight was amazing with planes on the final approach landing. It was a pity we didn't bring digital cameras along. We spent the next hour cycling, making a big loop around the airport. There was this stretch of road we cycled which was about length of two runways. This was the terrible as it drained our energy. I almost fell asleep cycling... Somehow, we got lost and decided to cycle to the Expo MRT station. It was already 7.30am when we reached the MRT station. We asked the MRT staff for help and one very helpful malay staff drew us the map back to Pasir Ris chalet. We took the MRT from Expo to Changi Airport and thus ending up at the Airport by default. We had breakfast there and then cycled from Expo to Pasir Ris. This is the most adventurous thing I've ever done. Although we got lost in the end, we didnt give up and got to the Airport in the end. We got back to the chalet at 10.30am and returned the bicycles. The $15 was worth every cent.

I was so exhausted when we got back. I took a bath to refreshen myself. We actually wanted to go to Escape Theme Park later on, but it was closed. I saved myself $16.50. The next few activities we did were eating, chatting, playing mahjong and sleeping. We did all these on Monday night till Tuesday morning. When I got home, I took a bath, ate lunch and fell asleep right away...

I've got extra lectures in school, flying lessons etc the next few days. It's going to be a very busy week ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home